Google+

Memorial Day


Ok, I know I'm a day early, but I have lots going on tomorrow so I wanted to take some time this weekend to remember what our holiday tomorrow is about.

For those of you not in the USA, the last Monday of May is our Memorial Day. It is a day to honor all the men and women who have fought for our country and gave the ultimate sacrifice.

So please take a moment to remember all of our soldiers and say a prayer for them and their families. And especially for the families of our fallen heroes. I know I have a hard time imagining what it would be like and I feel for them.

Memorial Day Weekend often is seen as the unofficial start of summer here in the States. I often think we forget why we celebrate these holidays between our cook-outs, parties, and swimming. So I am taking this break to remind you and to say a prayer myself. 
Dear God, Please let us remember the sacrifices so many brave men and women have made for our freedom. Please be with their families and bring them strength and healing. Please keep our soldiers and their families safe. Please let our soldiers return home to their families soon. Bless each of them for they are doing their best to protect us. Please help us find a way to put our differences aside and make peace on earth. Amen.
I wish you and your family a very Happy and Safe Memorial Day!
 
Here is a simple Memorial Day craft...a placemat made with clear contact paper, stickers, felt stars, red and white stripes, scrapbook paper.
For some other patriotic ideas you can check out what we did for the Fourth of July last year. And for even more ideas you can check out my Patriotic Pinterest Board.

1 comment:

  1. I salute those who brave the danger and unselfishly give their service to the people.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and ideas. Thank you for reading and contributing!