Google+

Zoo Scavenger Hunt with Free Printable


Since we missed the Earth Day Celebration Scavenger Hunt (it was too cold and windy to wait around for it), I promised Hazel we could go on one of our own. I even suggested we go to the zoo and have one. Well our plans for the zoo trip fell through and I forgot about it. For Mother's Day, we decided to go to our local zoo. Our membership ends at the end of May, so we thought we would use it one more time. Hazel of course remembered the scavenger hunt. I had to hunt around to find it, and did not find the copy I printed for us. I found it on my computer, but had changed the animals to more common zoo animals to share with you, so I made some quick adjustments and printed it for her.


For a copy of a zoo scavenger hunt with more general animals click here. The idea was to put a sticker on whichever item she saw. We spent the trip looking for the things on the list. However, the zoo is under construction and some of the animals were not there including our favorites: black bears and flamingos. We'll have to go back again later this summer.


We did get to see the snow leopards. They were sleeping, but it was one of the first times Steve got to see them at all. I had actually seen them from the car as we drove by their area to get to the parking lot.  We also saw one of the wolves.


We saw the usual reindeer, but then saw his mate and their baby. How exciting to see a mother and baby on Mother's Day.


I didn't take pictures of all the animals we saw since we have a lot of pictures of them already. Then near the black bear area there was a zoo worker with one of the macaws, so we got to visit with the macaw.


Usually the macaw is in the area that was closed, so it was nice to see him. By this point we were all tired and headed home. It was a pleasant Mother's Day overall and Hazel loved doing the scavenger hunt!

For other zoo trip posts check out: