Google+

The Colors of Asia -- A Relaxing Friday Adult Coloring Book Review

 Disclosure: Tuttle Publishing gave me a copy of this book free of charge for this review. All opinions in my review are my own and I did not receive any other compensation. As in all my reviews I am providing links for your ease, but receive no compensation. 

After yesterday I need a relaxing Friday and definitely need the anti-stress of coloring!! Let's just say whatever could go wrong basically did and it kept going wrong. Ugh!! But today is another day. So today I am going to share with you The Colors of Asia published by Tuttle Publishing.
http://www.tuttlepublishing.com/new-releases/the-colors-of-asia

This book is more than just a coloring book. It has pictures to color from all over Asia. The pictures are patterns and more from various countries and cultures. For example there is this Islamic pattern that I started to color (next to it is a design from an Indian cloth).
Then there is this beautiful Asian ornament design that again I started to color.
And there are the traditional Japanese origami cranes to color.

There are also Japanese Plate Hazel began coloring. She redrew the lines in the leaf since the lines are rather faint and can easily be lost with some of the gel pens and markers we use. (She didn't get too far because she was more interested in coloring postcards which I reviewed a few weeks ago.)

There are Chinese patterns too like this one.

There are also various animal patterns like this elephant (from India) and the damask pattern is next to it.

This book can be used to teach about the art in Asia as well as some of the cultures. Many of the pictures are taken from china, bottles, urns and fabrics from those countries. The pictures are very intricate so they take awhile to complete (and thus why mine are partially done). The pages are double sided but of good quality so the gel pens and markers work without bleeding through. The contents of the book is pictorial.
It shows the name of the patterns and somewhat where they are from. There are patterns from Persia (Iran), Bhutan, Turkey, Indonesia, and Pakistan as well as the countries mentioned above. It gives a wonderful overview of Asia and some of its arts. I hope you will check it out and enjoy some stress-free time coloring with me!!